What is Hypnotherapy?
A guided state of deep relaxation by the hypnotherapist, which allows the client to safely re-train the sub-conscious mind to positively and permanently change negative thought patterns and behaviours and to follow their own pre-determined direction, while the client remains in control at all times.
Hypnotherapy requires the absolute consent and co-operation of the client. The client is aware at all times of their thoughts and action. It is impossible for the client to undertake anything they do not wish to undertake themselves.
How can Hypnotherapy help me?
- To teach you to relax and reduce stress levels.
- Help alleviate anxiety and depression, panic attacks, phobias, stutters & stammers, bad habits such as nail biting, hair pulling, blushing, teeth grinding and other such psychosomatic symptoms.
- Boost confidence, self-esteem, improve concentration.
- Alter behaviour patterns to help with weight management and to quit smoking.
- Gain control of pain management during labour, and other chronic pain associated with such problems as Rheumatism, Arthritis, ME and IBS.
- Help children with problems relating to sleep disturbance, bad dreams, bed-wetting and low confidence.
- Acceptance of the loss of a partner, friend or pet and to overcome the emotional heartache associated with bereavement.
Techniques used, often in conjunction with hypnotherapy, to help clients are NLP and CBT.
What is Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)?
Neuro Linguistic Programming offers a variety of techniques which can be used in conjunction with hypnotherapy to re-train the mind to overcome a particular way of past learning and assist the client to attain their goal by positive reaction.
What is Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)?
Various CBT techniques can be used to assist a client to consider how their negative thought processes affect their behaviour. CBT goes on to help a client to redress their way of thinking and behaving to give healthy, positive attitude and overcome old patterns of thought and behaviour.